It be's that way sometimes.

Monday, November 20, 2006

While I wait

While I wait for Tony to get on his pj's, I might as well tell you all that I have a cold. . .an annoying, nose running, sneezing loudly, raw-lipped cold. It wasn't so bad until this afternoon. . .'til I realized that my allergy tablet was not working so it must, indeed, be a cold. Good thing, 'cause if that was bird poo earlier, I certainly didn't smell it.

Of course, I barely tasted our mostly free dinner too. . .I got the gist but had to rely on Tony to tell me if it was truly as good and flavorful as I imagined. We stopped on the way home to get a jug of orange juice, some kleenex with lotion, and some Nyquil liquicaps. . .that's my remedy for any cold--actually it's oj, crackers, Nyquil/Dayquil, and chocolate icecream if you happen to have any or can talk someone into getting it for you.

We are going to watch a teeny bit of a movie, during which I will fall asleep, then wake up to haul my weary bones to bed. . .no kids in the house but a cold arrived in their stead. Bummer.

4 Comments:

Blogger AbbieCRAZY said...

Isn't that just the way?! You FINALLY get up and you get a cold! Are the cosmos conspiring against us lazy people? (not that you're lazy, I am)

Get well soon - love the Nyquil/Dayquil pills!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey, me too! I don't know why that's a happy thought, but it is. I can't do the cold medications, because even the day ones just knock me out, and I should probably be awake so the kids don't burn the house down.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STOP WRITING RIGHT NOW! NO MORE! You are not allowed to blog until I have time to check and read everyday because I can't keep up while I am with limited internet!! Stop I tell you.

No really, I must wait and finish reading when I get home, but I have seen enough to see you have been run over by the flu truck. Much betterness and bed'rest to you, and if you can. take a quilt put into the yard and lay there with your face to the sun for nice quiet while/ the sun will help you fight those buggies too :)

HUG and kiss (on the forehead) to you :)

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major bummer. (Now that I read more carefully the entire post.)

Yes.
Major-league-bummer.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home