It be's that way sometimes.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Redemption

Time to redeem myself for my rant last night. I give you an entry full of autumnal colors AND a recipe that I have not personally made but HAVE partaken of. I promise you this. . .it TASTES like Yankee Candles SMELL. You know how you pop the lid off those candles and you can almost feel the warmth of the kitchen and cold air outside. . .well this is THAT dessert.

Pumpkin Crunch

1 16 oz can solid pack pumpkin
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp salt
1 pkg moist deluxe yellow cake mix
1 cup unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup pecan pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 9X13 pan.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice & salt in a large bowl - mix well, pour into greased pan.
Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture, top with pecans.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool completely, then refrigerate.

Note: the sprinkling 1 C. of butter over dry cake mix looks just like my dump cake (or for Sarah EASY COBBLER) recipe. I normally just use 1 stick (1/2 C.) butter and slice it thin and put it around on the top. I let the oven do the melting. Of course, the version I ate had the whole stinkin' cup of melty, drizzly, cardiac arrest inducing butter adorning it. . .so who am I to go messin' with perfection?

It is certainly not lacking in the calorie department. . .but oh, the joy of a dessert that can only be rightfully enjoyed during the fall of the year. Here's wishing you some actual cold weather to enhance the enjoyment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Ooohhhhhh. . . Perfect timing! My husband calls this pumpkin cobbler. I've only had it once, last year, and he tasted some at work the other day. Ever since then he's been asking me to google the recipe and make it. I like the looks of yours much better than any of the others I've seen.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home