It be's that way sometimes.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Thad and the Transformers save the Pilgrims

Okay. . .so I'm not trying to showcase Thad here, but he is on a roll lately.

To engender more autumnal holiday cheer (and 'cause I liked 'em), I bought these





Aren't they cute. . .all nesting and the like. So, I get them out to let the kids play with them today. . .then we have 2 soccer games, etc. They are both loving soccer, but watching his sister's team play is not Thad's favorite way to spend an hour. . .lots of whining about going to the playground ensues. So, today I came prepared with these mini Transformers



'cause it was worth the $3.59 to give him something to do. He enjoyed the Transformers AND the soccer game today. Therefore, I enjoyed the soccer game too.

Now he is in the floor with the Transformers and the holiday decorations singing a song--words and tune of his own creation--that goes something like. . .

"Transformers in the Pilgrim house.
Transformers in the Pilgrim house.
Gonna blow the roof off and safe the Pilgrims.
Gonna blow the roof off (*BOOM*) and save the Pilgrims. . .
In. . . the. . .house. . ."

He continued, but I can't relate the rest. Then he began begging anyone who walked through the room to play Transformers. . .where the other person always gets to be the bad guy. Thad likes to save the Pilgrims, I suppose, while someone else destroys them.

The Transformers will receive double duty in church tomorrow. . .and hopefully in addition to destroying the roofs of Pilgrim dwellings then SAVING the distraught Pilgrims, they will also be able to keep my five year old on the pew. I guess I could do the cost analysis to see if it has truly been worth the $3.59, but I'm sayin' it is/was/will be.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud sitting here on the couch with the labtop reading this and John is in the chair over there watching TV, raising that one eyebrow at me! Oh, man, I love it! "Gonna blow the roof off!"

10:11 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That's awesome! LOL like crazy. How considerate of them to save the pilgrims after blowing up thier house!

P.S. Those little dolls are so cute. Are they resin? Wood? We're going to get out the Playmobil nativity for the first time this year. I doubt it will make it beyond 2006 with all the characters intact.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Stephanie. . .John would probably think that blowing the roof off the little girly pilgrim house was a great idea!!! Then HE could go put out the fire while Thad and the Transformers saved the day.

Rebecca--they are wood--from Terry's Village which is a subsidiary of Oriental Trading. They were $5.95 each--but very cute indeed. . .the little people are sort of Weeble-like--no sharp edges--but just the right size to fit down Naiah's throat--although I'd LOVE to hear any dialogue the sisters would happen to come up with. . .

12:06 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

I just love your Halloween people and the pumpkin people and then also the Pilgrims and their house. Glad they still have a roof, it is getting cold out. Your little boy reminds me so much of when mine were little, I really miss that. Now it is monsters on the computers they are chasing and shooting. Not near as interesting to me.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I LOVE that Terry's Village site! So much cuteness and temptation! Thanks for the tip.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home