It be's that way sometimes.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just So Stephanie has PUH-LENTY to read when she gets home

Seeing as how I am home (sort of) all week and how I can blog every single second of my day if I so choose. I have chosen. Stephanie is visiting the in-laws and has requested (tongue in cheek) that I not write so much. . .but I cannot help myself. It's just so fun to sit down and fire off a message full of nothing in particular. . .addictive. . .like the gingersnaps from World Market.

So, the latest installment before I go and eat lunch (BooMama's Southern Living Recipe for Red Beans and Rice that Tony made yesterday while I was power shopping and which I hope I can actually TASTE), here is the weather in Houston. Sarah called me on the carpet. . .


Sarah wrote to me TODAY. . .in my ILLNESS. . .

Okay, just to give you grief -- you told Stephanie it was supposed to be cold this week? I'm most curious, because we're supposed to be close to 80* on Thanksgiving day, with temperatures all week not much cooler than that. So I check Houston's forecast, wondering what northern blast of arctic air will cool it off so w/o getting to Abilene. Your forecast is the same -- highs close to 80 and lows close to 50? That's cold? You really have to move north!

:-)Sarah

So, I wrote back. . .

Well. . .the last time I watched the weather BEFORE I got sick. . .it was going to be in the low to mid 30's at night and in the mid to high 60's during the day. We had frost on our grass and our roof until 9:00 yesterday morning--which IS cold for here--but then last night, 'ole Neal Frank told us that the forecast of cold nights was changing and that it would not get any lower than the mid 40's overnight--and that we could expect upper 70's-80 today. I expect the peach trees that just lost their leaves to begin sprouting buds any second. They will do that all winter. We like to keep 'em guessin.' So we WERE looking forward to cooler weather--alas--Houston has proved again to be the fickle mistress we all know her to be--cold one second and hot the next.

:)Roxanne


And there you have it. . .hijinx for teachers on Thanksgiving break--a duel of words regarding unseasonably warm weather--and it's really not all that unseasonable for Texas seeing as how we've had snow on Christmas Eve and a high on 75 on Christmas day. . .

Thad is laying across me begging to play Hotwheels.com. . .he is lacing his leg through my lap while trying to climb between the computer key-board and me. . .AND he has yellow silly putty in his hand and a tank top on.

Check back later for mor scintilating insights into my day. . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm just wondering if our spring break will have weather so glorious.

We're not dualing -- there is only one of each of us. We're dueling. We may even be duelling with 2 l's, but I doubt it. Just a little more grief for you. Would hate to disappoint.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Know rest fore the weary. . .eye have bin taking advantage of my illness buy napping as often as eye won't. Now its thyme to get back two work. On a lighter note, sense eye have knot taken my medicine today, I am able too tast the wonderful Papparkakor cookies from Whirled Market!!!!!

:)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

That's taste with an "e". . .so busy thinking of homonyms and homophones that I lost track of my silent letters. . .

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just weight tille ewe ghette some of my pepparkakor!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home