It be's that way sometimes.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mission maybe possible?

Do you ever decide you want to do a project? Something creative that looks like fun but has lots of different pieces to it--cross-stitch for instance. You get the book and the hoop and the fabric and the needles and a basket full of different threads. Then you organize the threads and stress over how much fabric to cut and look and search for the pattern you want to use. . .and by then several days have ellapsed and the time you had is all gone in organization and it's (let me check) 9:10 at night and your husband is headed to bed.

Well, I'm not cross-stitchin'. I'm doin' somethin' else. But I am determined to make this an on-going project--one that will not be finished--and there will be no perfection. . .and it will be fun.

Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

It won't end? Ever? That may be my type of project since I never finish any of mine anyway, says the lady sitting next to a stack of pieces of bibs for babies that will probably go to kindergarten before I do something with the pieces.

My kids have been most fascinated with your Christmas cross-stitch you made for me -- the date says 12-25-88. Precious little sampler-like thing. Anyway, they have wanted to know how you do it and how you know what to do. Tonight I pulled out one of the 3 remaining cross-stitch books I own. We may be on our way to getting thread, hoop, and fabric!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Oh yea!!!! Victoria tried her hand at it this summer, but we didn't get far because school started again.

Dim, dim memories of the sampler. . .I love samplers because you can do little pictures and put them all together to make a cohesive whole. Very satisfying. I seem to recall a tree on it? A train too? I KNOW there was a little scottie dog with a plaid bow. . .and your name somewhere? I did one for Tony the Christmas that Victoria was born. . .he has it on his desk at school. It has several different scriptures on it. I JUST noticed last year that I had left the "t" out of "Christmas, 1998" which is what I get for trying to cross-stitch a sampler during naptime with a 5 month old baby. And MUCH like the huge black makeup brush hair right in the middle of my cheek ALL during class on Sunday, Tony didn't even notice. . .

10:44 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I know what you mean, and that's a wonderful attitude to have about it. No pressure. :)

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home