It be's that way sometimes.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Wonders of Modern Technology

I have stated before my fascination with the "I-Pod" though I don't, myself, own one. I love the idea of paying a small amount of money for EXACTLY the songs you want rather than paying MORE money for an entire cd of songs you DON'T want along with the one you do. I have long loved montages of music--and several friends have been on the recieving end of cassette tapes I put together long ago.

Well, it finally struck me that my lovely little Dell computer can download those songs AND burn them onto a cd even if I don't have an I-Pod in which to store them. We've owned the computer now for three years. . .ya think?!?!?!?!?!? So in honor of my 37th birthday, I did just that.

What were my first downloads you might wonder. . .a mixed bag, I'll tell you. I sort of stayed with things I can play in my classroom during entry/exit time.

You are not allowed to laugh at, poo-poo, or make fun of my music choices. Tony DID smile an, "I can't believe we now own this ditty" smile but was wise enough to keep his mouth shut after having learned of the fate of a certain chair that met the full fury of my wrath.

See the following:

The Lion Sleeps Tonight The Tokens
It's the End of the World as We Know It R.E.M.
The Longest Time Billy Joel
Don't Worry, Be Happy Bobby McFerrin
Lean on Me DC Talk
Here Comes the Sun George Harrison
If This is It Huey Lewis and the News
One Girl Revolution Superchic
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong Spin Doctors
Heaven Salvador
True Colors Phil Collins


And there you have it. . .I'm off to enjoy my purchases while I do some work around the house because I am, after all, a one girl revolution.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

W and Z love to hear/sing that REM song, it cracks them up everytime for some reason - and they always ask "Who is lenny Bruce?"

10:30 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Victoria's original due date was July 18th. On July 18, 1998 I was at the grocery store renewing my car tags. . .as I stood there thinking that my baby COULD come that day I was in amazment. (She came 9 days later.) Anyway--got in the car to go home and THAT SONG WAS ON THE RADIO.

The end of the world as we knew it for sure!

R--

10:53 PM  
Blogger Looney Momâ„¢ said...

I like your playlist. I'm an incurable audiophile and I have at least 2000 mp3s on my hard-drive PLUS hundreds of CDs (of course the CDs came before I started the digital collection).

But I wanted to come by and visit you after you signed my guestbook with such a sweet, encouraging comment. Thanks for that. I'll come by and visit.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Sandy's Space said...

I would have to say that at least 7 of those songs would be on my cd if I were to burn one.

BTW, you can buy some reasonable little MP3 players that will do the same thing as the IPOD just won't have as many songs and won't cost as much (check this http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=12720 ) I have this little player and it is perfect for my needs.

As for the portable I would have to agree with your friend and pad the thing with foam because for sure someone is going to hit their head.

When situations like that pop up in my world I always think that God has put me there for a reason. Something to learn, or discover about myself or the world that I live in. It is the only way that I can get through a situation that looks totally unbearable!

We have a long weekend here and my friend Gail and I are going into the mountains to a small town called Kimberley BC. A girls weekend away. I have to tell you I certainly need it.

So have a great weekend Roxanne and know that God brings positive situations to you always.

Love you!
Sandy

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I love to find songs that I like in my youth and listen to my kiddos sing them... cracks me up!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those songs, Roxanne Langley!! I just rediscovered your blog. Love and miss ya,

mb

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home