It be's that way sometimes.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Speaking of which. . .

Well, just can't seem to get off the "panty" theme. . .but I HAD to share this with ya'll.

Back during inservice we had an end of day session. It was VERY crowded, we were VERY tired, and NO ONE wanted to be ANYWHERE but getting their classrooms ready or at home. We walked into our last session which was overcrowded, and to make matters worse, the presenter had an overhead up that was too small and hard to read.

Of course in a room full of school teachers from all over the district, there was lots of noise, etc. Finally Chick Presenter--also a teacher--not a big-wig--says in her most condescending teacher voice, "Okay. Everyone needs to sit down so I can begin. I've already lost several minutes due to scheduling conflicts. There is a warm up on the overhead (warmup is a term we use for the kids), and I expect everyone to get started on it. . ."

Well, we all kind of "looked" at each other and kept on talking--especially since we couldn't read the "warmup" and people were still streaming in from other places.

So then she says, "I do NOT intend on talking over you the entire time!!!"

Jump back! This gal is like, my age. Anyone with any sense knows if you want people to shut up, give 'em chocolate and tell 'em a joke.

Well, a good friend of ours from another campus comes in late and sits next to us. My dept. chair--a very professional woman--looks at her and whispers, "You'd better watch out. You're tardy." To which the gal replies, "Yeah, one of my teachers already told me someone has her 'big girl panties' on today."

Needless to say, my dept. chair and I were wishing we had some Depends, 'cause we were about to wet our pants laughing. . .and what my dept. chair doesn't know is that some day soon she will find a beautifully wrapped gift in her box at school, and inside that box will be the biggest pair of panties I can purchase.

So now, when there's someone who's just a little too much, you can whisper to YOUR friend, "Guess somebody has on their 'big girl panties today. . .'"

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

That's awesome! :)

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home