It be's that way sometimes.

Monday, February 20, 2006

"Guilty pleasures. . ."

Here's my list for today alone. . .

*Homemade corn chowder--homemade by me that is

*Hugging my children until they pretended their eyes popped out (with sound effects, "Bloop, bloop")

*Watching "Auntiques Road Show" as I unloaded the dishes

*Actually using my new yoga mat and book since I gave up my yoga classes (this is hard to do with a 4 1/2 yr. old boy creating new yoga moves and a 7 1/2 yr. old perfectionist who cried when she couldn't do "cobra" the way I did it)

*Taking a very long very hot shower that almost depleted the water heater--which didn't matter since no one else cared to bathe at 9:30 p.m.

*Reading Sarah's blog

*Reading some of Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach

*REALLY cold ice water way too late at night

Any that you would like to add?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

*Turning up my electric blanket to 347 to lay under to read in the afternoon.

*Painting my nails a new Revlon ruby wine color.

*Ignoring clothes in the dryer.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going off to my weekly writers workshop last night as the boys were finishing dinner (sloppy joes.)

Enjoying my husband's comments about the athletes while we watch the olympic ice dancers together after the kids went to sleep.

Having a healthy breakfast this morning with the conviction of eating well for the rest of the day. (An egg, a pear, and a slice of swiss on Wasa.)

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today at work we had one of those meetings where things like inclusion and core role responsibilities were discussed and as usual some folks vent about this and that and you know what? When asked to provide some possible solutions to resolving this and that, I said, "We could sing the blues: It be's that way sometimes," and smiled all over inside while everyone else was trying to figure out if I was serious, sarcastic, funny, or just crazy. (truth is I was just being real) And there You were with me, today at 2:15 pm :)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home