It be's that way sometimes.

Friday, December 01, 2006

I'm surprised there are that many


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
7
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?
My name is Roxanne _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, and I'm married to Tony _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Our last name is not that common--at least not in Texas. Evidently there are skads of us in Virginia, but we're not related.
ANYWAY. . .I found it rather amusing when about 8 years ago a lady at church asked my mother-in-law when Tony and I had moved to Grapeville. Ruthann was surprised and asked how the woman had gotten that idea. She told Ruthann that her husband was from Grapeville and got the weekly paper. She had read a small article in it about Tony and me. Well. . .low and behold if there is not another Tony and Roxanne _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
And if that's not odd ENOUGH--they moved to Houston about 7 years ago. And we began getting phone calls for them. . .because they were not listed in the phone book but we were. . .and we are listed as Tony and Roxanne _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
Later the same little lady from church brought ME an article about the same people and some "High Fashion Design" place they had opened. Interesting. So I keep on getting phone calls for them, and one day decide to call 'em up at their store.
A man answers the phone. . .
"Hello."
"Hello. May I speak to Tony _ _ _ _ _ _ _?"
"Yes. This is Tony _ _ _ _ _ _ _. May I ask whose calling?"
"Yes. This is Roxanne _ _ _ _ _ _ _."
Silence. . .silence. . .silence. . .
"This is who?"
"This is Roxanne _ _ _ _ _ _ _, and I am married to Tony _ _ _ _ _ _ _. We live in Houston, but we keep getting phone calls for you and your wife."
It took me a moment to convince him, but after relaying the story I guess he figured I wasn't making it up. That was that. . .he didn't even offer me any free decorating advice. And now I go and find that there are 5 more somewhere. . .amazing.
We now attend a different church, and this summer a sweet, little lady brought me a newspaper clipping one Sunday morning. I bet you'll NEVER guess who it was about. . .

6 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

That is funny. I did the name thing but blogger wouldn't let me post tonight so I will put it on my blog tomorrow. There are way to many of us out there. We should have kept my maiden name, not so many that way.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Mike sent us this a few weeks ago -- evidently, Troy doesn't live in the United States. Either that, or he's in the witness protection program. Either way -- who knew?

8:24 AM  
Blogger AbbieCRAZY said...

James (JIm)is the #1 most popular name in the US! Who knew?

9:11 AM  
Blogger AbbieCRAZY said...

In further reading on the site, I (along with Kenny who was facinated) discovered that the numbers should be considered "round figures" and it is based on the 1990 Census. I had a different last name in 1990 and Kenny was born yet!

Ahh, statistics. They can be made to say just about anything.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

0. Zero. There is no me. Muahahaha!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That's so weird. I wonder if people come up to them thinking they're you. It's a good thing they're upstanding people, or you guys would be in trouble.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home