It be's that way sometimes.

Monday, June 12, 2006

June 12th

When people pick the day on which they will be married, it normally has little significance other than it was a convenient day to get married. Of course after the wedding, it becomes significant as the anniversary of that marriage. When I found out that I was pregnant with our second child and that the baby was due on our anniversary, I was none too happy. I knew that it would soon cease to be our anniversary and begin to be a birthday. As the weeks drifted past, however, I became more comfortable with the idea. . .and so now we have two very special things to celebrate on June 12th. . .here is a pictorial field trip.

Thirteen years ago today at 3:00 p.m. we did this. . .


Five years ago today at 10:15 p.m. we did this. . .(notice my pregnancy/delivery schnoze.)

This past Saturday we did this to celebrate what you see directly above. . .a monster truckin' five year old boy paradise. . .

And today we did this to make it official.

We also did this since I am co-coordinator of VBS. . .(it says "Under Construction: Becoming a Tool of God"). I spent the morning sweating, running, and putting out fires. The kids spent the morning becoming tools of God. Tony spent the morning mixing Quick-Crete so the tools of God could make jewel bedecked stepping stones. . .
And it was about 3:00 before either Tony or I remotely remembered to wish each other a happy anniversary. . .

but somehow we manage to celebrate that whole anniversary milestone every day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

For as many Thanksgiving "feasts" with construction-paper-hatted pilgrims as I have attended on my Nov. 21 anniversary, I told a gooey-eyed newlywed couple that I'm sure their Dec. 12 wedding was gorgeous, but to be prepared to sit through PTA Christmas programs as an anniversary outing! It's all part of the celebration. (How are you getting those pictures on your blog -- do you have a scanner?)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Sandy's Space said...

What a wonderful pictoria! I love viewing your family pictures, you are all so in love with each other!
Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Thad! Those Big Monster trucks look very cool!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary! (And birthday party and VBS kickoff-- whew!) Ours is in two days. Someday we'll do something about it, but definitely not this year. Oh well. I love the monster truck theme. That's a great idea!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya'll are too funny! John wants to know why in the world you guys moved to HOUSTON. I told him that's where T's family is, and John's all, "what kind of reason is that!? They should move up here."

Hmmm? You know this area ain't your run of the mill Arkansas - they pay teachers well here :)))

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

What a crazy day! Our anniv is Dec 29th... what were we thinking.. can't find a sitter on New Year;s weekend.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home